It will help protect clothes, weapons & other valuables from the damaging effects of mold, mildew, moisture and excess humidity. It is 100 percent renewable and needs no power during regular operation.
Just hang the SnapSafe Dehumidfiier unit in a closet or place it in other small enclosed spaces and it will absorb moisture. There are no batteries required or cords to plug in - the unit works without power.
There is an indicator window with special "moisture meter crystals" that change from Orange(when dry) to Green(when wet) to indicate when the unit needs to be renewed. The unit will absorb approximately six ounces of moisture (depending on humidity levels, this should take between six to eight weeks). Once the moisture has been adsorbed, it cannot leak or spill. This unit uses a specially engineered crystallized silica gel that is odorless, non-toxic and completely safe.
When the indicator crystals turn green, it is time to recharge the unit. Simply plug it into a power outlet or power strip in a well ventilated area (bathroom with extraction fan, garage, outside, etc.). There is a built-in heater that will warm the crystals allowing them to expand and release the moisture as water vapor into the outside air. It takes about 12 to 14 hours to completely recharge the unit. When it is completely renewed, the indicator crystals will change back to orange. The unit is again ready to absorb more moisture.