Please take some time to read all of the delivery information below that applies to your order. We supply this information to ensure you receive the product you ordered in the best condition possible. All applicable shipping options are provided during checkout.
Local Delivery in Southern California
We offer garage delivery and in-home delivery across all of Southern California with our in-house delivery team. Please call 800-827-7534 for a quote.
Free Shipping FedEx/UPS/USPS 1-5 Business Days (Under 150 lbs.)
All packages less than 150 pounds are delivered to your home or business front door via USPS, UPS or FedEx during normal business hours for FREE. There is no advance appointment call made. Indirect Signature is required for packages over $200. If you can’t be home during normal business hours you can let us know to not require the signature, you can sign a door tag or you can go to fedex.com and enter your tracking number to release the package. All packages are delivered with 1-5 business days with some exceptions including remote locations, natural disasters or holidays. 1-5 Business Days begins after the product has been processed and leaves our warehouse, it does not include any additional handling time as noted on each product page.
Free Shipping Curbside Delivery 1-6 Business Days (Over 150 lbs.)
Any shipments 151 pounds or larger are delivered via freight companies such as FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, Worldwide, RnL Carriers or other common freight carriers and delivered curbside. The safes and vault doors are delivered on a wood pallet, curbside, where your driveway meets the street. The driver will not take it up the driveway or into the home, it is left at the curb. Dean Safe offers this service FREE on all items over 150 lbs.
- Remote areas require additional fees from the freight company. Please call 800-827-7534 to confirm your area is not remote or obtain a custom quote.
- “Limited access” locations will require additional fees from the Freight Company. Please call 800-827-7534 for a quote.
- Some zip codes, including ferry points are considered beyond service points from the servicing center and may result in additional charges. Please call us at 800-827-7534 if you are unsure if you will be in a service area for a custom quote.
What are “limited access” locations?
Islands, Camps, Carnivals & Fairs, Chautauqua's, Churches, Colleges & Universities Construction Sites, Individual/Mini Storage Units, Mine Sites, Mosques Prisons, Schools, Synagogues, Military Bases, Temples
What Happens When You Place Your Order (Products over 150 lbs.)
- Depending on the indicated lead time on your order, you will receive an email notifying you that your item has shipped with your tracking number.
- After your item has shipped and it arrives at your local terminal, you will receive a telephone call from the freight company to schedule the delivery date.
- The freight company will schedule a delivery appointment with you for the day of delivery only. NOTE: They will not give a time window and delivery times are not guaranteed.
- Freight companies will deliver between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday only. Because Mondays are heavy commercial delivery days, some terminals will avoid scheduling residential deliveries on Mondays.
- You must be present or have someone there to inspect and sign for the product. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- If there is even the slightest damage on the packaging, note the damage on the receipt you receive and sign from the delivery staff. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the only way we can file a damage claim for a refund from the freight company and/or a replacement if your safe or vault door is damaged.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The delivery staff will not take your safe or vault door any further than curbside if this is the service you order. Freight companies will not deliver to your driveway on a Dead End road or Cul de Sac. They will only deliver to County, City or State roads. They will not deliver to a congested downtown area with no parking or a Doorman Condo or Apartment. Garage/Threshold Delivery or Inside Delivery are available for an extra charge if you need special delivery services. Please call 800-827-7534 for other delivery options if any of these cases apply to you.
Garage Delivery – No Pallet Removal (151 to 600 lbs.)$50.00 Additional Fee (151 - 600 pounds)
Select this option at checkout. Freight carrier will deliver the product and place in your garage. Please read these requirements before placing your order:
- Access to an ‘overhead’ garage door is required and must be over pavement or concrete, no more than a 2% grade.
- Excessively steep or long driveways are not included in this service.
- Roads with Excessive turns and no turn around area are not included in this service.
- Drivers will not back the truck on to your driveway.
- The driver may require help to push the product into your garage.
- Driver will not remove the safe from the pallet.