- Manipulation resistant, unitized U.L. Group II key changeable lock protected by a revolving carburized hardplate
- Removable dial and drive/drill resistant spindle preventing damage from burglary attack and additional protection from hold-up
- The door has a 7-1/4-inch clear opening and is 1-3/4-inch solid steel
- Door is securely locked by three bolts, each requiring over 25,000 pounds to shear
- Each locking bolt has its own hardened steel positive relocking bolt
- The body is a heavy "B" rate construction.
- Water resistant, high impact molded dust cover with rubber "O"-ring seal does not rattle or slide like most covers when walked or driven on.
Amsec STAR tube floor safes have been the standard for gas stations, fast food, small retail establishments and homeowners for over 50 years.The cylindrical bodies come in three different models, 9 inches deep, 13.5 inches deep, and 19 inches deep. They come standard with a solid steel door or an optional slotted door with a fish resistant baffle so deposits can be securely made without removing the door.
For home use, Amsec Star tube floor safes offer 24/7 access to your jewelry or cash without having to go to the safety deposit box at the bank. If you want to go out for the evening and that favorite piece of jewelry is in the safety deposit box down at the bank, you have to forego wearing it. It's another story if it's in your safe at home.
And if someone breaks in while you're away, your jewelry is safely tucked into the safe and hidden below the dust cover, under a rug or other camouflage. A burglar wants to get in and out quickly, so they take what they can see and grab easily. If they're going to have to search, they will probably miss it.
If properly installed in concrete, Amsec "C" rate floor safes will not be affected by fire. And with the water-resistant dust cover, you get protection from water as well.
|C3||8.75" diameter x 9" d||40 lbs.|
|C5||8.75" diameter x 13.5" d||46 lbs.|
|C7||8.75" diameter x 19" d||55 lbs.|
|CD||8.75" diameter x 19" d||66 lbs.|
While floor safes offer great security being easily hidden and surrounded by concrete, these same features also make them extremely susceptible to moisture problems. Keeping papers and valuables inside zip lock bags and Tupperware help when experiencing a fire or flood, humidity will still seep inside causing mildew and corrosion. We strongly recommend using a Lockdown Silica Gel Can to absorb this moisture and keep your valuables safe. It's a small, rechargeable unit that has a color indicator letting you know it's full and needs to be renewed. You should open your safe (especially after initial installation) frequently to assess moisture and check the silica gel. How often the units need recharging depends on your climate and how often you are in your safe. For any questions regarding humidity and moisture, give us a call at 800-827-7534.